Can my husbands ex-wife have my $350 a month disability check garnished for child support?

Chula Vista, CA |

I recently married a man who has two children with his ex wife. She learned that I receive disability payments every month and is somehow under the impression that her child support amount will go up to $1100 a month. My husband has had a slow year, we only bring in close to $1700 a month. What are the chances a judge will grant her access to this money?

zero chance. She cannot get to your money.

Michael Schwerin, San Jose, California phone: 408-295-4232 email: Consultation fees, rates and retainers vary based on need and ability to pay.

This question should be asked in the family law section.

Actual legal advice can only be provided by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, with experience in the area of law regarding your question. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support