Can my husband who over stayed his visa get a visa after divorce?

Southgate, MI |

My husband is trying to get a visa but we are divorced. We were married for three years and we have a child. we divorced because I noticed he did not want to add my name on any bank accounts, house,cars etc. I did not petition for him due to a lot of red flags. He knows my ssn and our sons can he obtain U S citizenship.

I would strongly recommend you consult with an attorney who concentrates in immigration law to discuss your potential exposure to identity fraud/immigration fraud issues.

This is an immigration question. I have changed it to that so that you can get more answers. In order to answer your question more facts are needed. Please provide more information about his legal status.

If you do not file a petition for him, then he will not be able to obtain permanent resident (green card) status through marriage to you. Furthermore, now that you are divorced, at this time you could not file a petition for him, even if you wanted to do so.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.