Can my husband take our son out of state without my consent if we're not divorced or separated yet? I want sole physical custody

Asked 9 months ago - Ashburn, VA

My husband has been travelling a lot for work and wants to have our son join him on some of his business trips. He wants to take him OCONUS but I won't allow it and have told him I won't agree to get him a passport. But am worried he will take him CONUS/in-state without me or my consent. He wants to hire a nanny to go with them and watch my son when he is on business trips when I wouldn't be able to go (which would be all the time because I work full time as a Federal employee and handle the bulk of our son's care--insurance, childcare, clothing, food, baths, bedtime). I don't like the idea for several reasons-mostly that I don't feel it's in the best interests for my son since he is only 4-yo and needs to be in school (pre-k daycare). How can I prove I should get sole physical custody?

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

Answered . No separation. No divorce. No danger to the child. Therefore, no legal grounds to stop your husband.

See a family law attorney ASAP if you want to start the process.

2. Kevin Reese Pettrey

Answered . Until there is an Order prohibiting it, the child's father has as much right to take the child anywhere just as much as the child's mother.