Can my husband sue his emloyer for the number of hours he is having to work due to short staffing?

Asked about 2 years ago - Jacksonville, FL

My husband is in what would be considered middle management. His 'team' (the region he manages for his area) has been short staffed for over 3 years now. There were 2 others who were his equal and one of those individuals left the company (because the workload was a burden) That peer has not been replaced rather the work has been divided between my husband and the other peer. My husband also lost a higher level employee off of his team due to a Sr Vice President taking her off and putting her on a 'Special Project' team. This has made the situation wose because she was a high performer on his team and her position on his team has not been filled for almost a year now.
There has been a very high turn over in SR VP's. My husband is working 65+ hrs/wk to keep up with no compensation.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Scott Luzi

    Contributor Level 7

    Answered . Based on what you've written, there does not seem to be any legal recourse for your husband against his employer. The best and most direct course of action might be for your husband to speak to his direct supervisor about receiving assistance in his current position.

    Scott S. Luzi
    Walcheske & Luzi, LLC

    This response is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,043 answers this week

3,142 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,043 answers this week

3,142 attorneys answering