Can my husband post bond after getting caught for reentry

Nogales, AZ |

my husband got caught SNEAKING IN AFTER BEING DEPORTED FOR TEN YEARS WE HAVE THREE KIDS AND IM AN AMERICAN CITIZEN ISTHERE ANYTHING WE CAN DO?

1. Probably not.

Talk to a local immigration attorney .. tomorrow ... first thing.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. Wait and hope that comprehensive immigration reform gives you options. However, it is possible that there are facts you have not told us. Contacting a knowledgeable attorney in your area and having a consultation with her or him will present to you any options you might have.

I am not your attorney. I am providing you an answer for general information purposes only. That information should be used as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. It is not a substitute for a consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction about your specific legal issues. You should not rely on the information above as legal information. Finally, your question and its answers are not confidential and not subject to attorney-client privilege.

3. I agree with my colleagues. There is not likely any remedy available to your husband and he will not likely be granted a bond. However, more information is needed about his immigration history to determine this for certain. Your best option at this point is to consult with an immigration attorney to discuss the circumstances of his case and get advice specific to his situation.

Answers on Avvo are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice; specific answers require knowledge of all the facts. You should consult with an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advice upon which you can reasonably rely.

4. It depends on how the government is going to process him. If they reinstate the prior order, then he'll be removed without a bond. If they charge him in federal court for a criminal reentry, he will be afforded the opportunity to ask a magistrate for release.

Immigration Topics