Skip to main content

Can my husband get his citizenship after being deported and coming back to the US after 2 yrs.

Harlingen, TX |
Filed under: Spousal immigration

My husband got deported 2 yrs ago and he is going to have a year back in the US. We are also going to have a baby. I am a US Citizen But he has been deported twice. He says he just signed some papers but he didn't know how long he was deported. When we were trying to come back i had his birth certificate when i crossed so immigration pulled me in, they wrote down his name on the computer but they said they didn't have any record on him. I want to know if their is a possibility to get his citizenship with him being over here in the US. I don't want to go back to mexico help plz with some answers.

Attorney Answers 2


It is going to be tough. I will recommend you hire an attorney to look into all the avenues for you.

Good Luck
Shah Peerally
Founder and Managing Attorney of Shah Peerally Law Group PC
The Law Firm Deals in Immigration law & Debt Relief
Listen to our online and AM radio shows. Check

Note: The above answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney client relationship is created unless a retainer is signed by the attorney and the client.

Mark as helpful


tough my ass. it is impossible! there is a permanent bar forever for re entry after deportation and a separate permannet bar if he was removed from the usa and re entered the usa without permission. after ten years you might be able to get a waiver of the second bar but not the first one. go see jodi goodwin of harlingen, one of the best.

Mark as helpful

1 comment

Rudolph L Gannascoli

Rudolph L Gannascoli


I agree. How many times do I hear "tough" when it should be the word impossible. Tough means false hope and money wasted. Or insecurity over knowledge of the law.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics