Can my husband get disability for a spinal cord stroke?

Asked about 2 years ago - Tampa, FL

My husband recently had a CT w/contrast, and they found a Spinal Infarction (Spinal Stroke) can he get disability for this?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Laurel Christine Farrell

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . A disability award is based on whether or not you have an injury or illness that prevents you from working for at least one year or results in death. Without more information, it is impossible to tell if your husband would be successful on a claim for disability. Speak with his doctor about his restrictions on weight lifting, sitting and standing. A statement from his doctor about these restrictions is crucial for a successful claim. Most attorneys who practice in this area give free consultations. You can contact your local legal aid office or bar association for a list or attorneys in your area.

    IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER Nothing in this Answer should be construed to create an attorney-client relationship or... more
  2. Robert C. Alston

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . A diagnosis does not equate to disability. Only if that condition prevents you from working.

    Actual legal advice can only be provided by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, with experience in the area... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

17,627 answers this week

2,347 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

17,627 answers this week

2,347 attorneys answering