Can my husband get a green card if he has something in his record?

Asked over 2 years ago - Austin, TX

He hit me and i called the police and i didnt want to press charges on him and i dont know if he does but he is taking 21 anger management clases. I am a us vitizen can i petition for him to get a green card

1. Gen Kimura

4

Answered . You can. You should hire an attorney to review his record before you proceed with your case.

2. Neil Ian Fleischer

4

Answered . Most likely if case is dismissed
    I would talk to a lawyer before filing anything For more info, see
    www.immigrate2usa.com

3. Suzan deSeguin-Hons

4

Answered . You need to consult with an immigration lawyer, who will advise you after reviewing the specifics of your husband's history. You will need to bring all police records and court dispositions. The immigration attorney will also need to have a detailed immigration history for your husband.

4. Karen-Lee Pollak

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues

5. Nicklaus James Misiti

3

Answered . It may still be possible but your case should be reviewed by an immigration attorney before proceeding. My firm handles these types of cases.
    Regards,
    Nick Misiti
    Misiti Global
    212 537 4407

6. Deborah Lynne Karapetian

3

Answered . You can, but this sounds like domestic violence, and he could be placed in removal proceedings when you file for him. Most likely you will need to fight a waiver for this with the USCIS. You should immediately hire an immigration attorney to file these things for you.