Skip to main content

Can my husband get a green card , being that he entered the USA illegal at age 15 with his parents ?

Albuquerque, NM |

i went to ask an immigration lawyer , and she says yes , that he needs to write a pardon before he leaves to Mexico , pay the fee for coming here illegal , and it only will take a couple of weeks max a month that hell be in Mexico before he comes back , is this correct because mi reading lot of negative and years please help ? Am a us citizens been married for 5 years and have 2 kids , hes our support .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Find an immigration lawyer and trust her


Getting and following the advice of an experienced immigration lawyer is the right move.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.


This could be true depending on a couple other things, such as whether he has left the US or has a criminal record.

LORIC, Immigration Solutions

Rodrigo Ivan Canido
Managing Attorney

3333 Bowers Ave, Suite 130
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Tel: 650-279-5933


Your lawyer gave you advice of the upcoming provisional waiver program. It sounds true what he is saying. I would only take an exception with the two weeks prediction. The PV regulations are coming into effect on March 4, 2013. No one and I mean it, no one has yet received the waiver, traveled abroad and came back. Substantial portion of my practice is devoted to waivers and I would not be so optimistic, knowing what I know, that US posts in Mexico would be as quick in adjudicating immigrant visas after provisional waver approval as two week time. I woud say you lawyer is overly optimistic. The rest of the advise I would agree with.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal


Now, consider this a second opinion and provide me with the address where I could send a bill. :)


The pardon before leaving and fee sound like the provisional waiver that will be available 4 March. It is true, if approved, and he has no other issues he will come back.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer