Can my husband file for divorce if his an illegal immigrant?

Could he get reported back to mexico once we are divorced ?

College Station, TX -

Attorney Answers (2)

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Yes, he can file for divorce.

The court itself will not report him to ICE.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts... more
Caro Marie Kinsella

Caro Marie Kinsella

Immigration Attorney - Hallandale Beach, FL

Your husband's immigration status does not prevent him from divorcing.

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.