Can my husband evict me and my children out of our mobile home he is on title but it's considered community property?

we are currently going through a divorce and it has been my family home for 12 years.. a writ of execution was posted by sheriff and they are going to remove me. he has spent much money on lawyers fees but left me indigent and is $45,000 behind in child support arrears. he has not worked or even tried to collect unemployment and he is in the movie electricians union.

Malibu, CA -

Attorney Answers (1)

Atousa Saei

Atousa Saei

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Los Angeles, CA

The first thing that you need to do is hire an attorney as soon as possible to protect your rights and fight to keep you in a safe and stable living condition. If he owes you that much in support arrears , then you have a strong case to hold him in contempt (not paying the court ordered child support). I have handled countless cases in which the opposing party refuses to pay their fair share of support and I get the court to enforce their orders. If you would like to discuss your situation in greater depth, feel free to contact me at my office: (310) 855-3386.

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Featured Legal Guides

Dividing Separate Property in Divorce

Separate property generally refers to property that is acquired before marriage. However, gifts and inheritances are also separate property.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.