Skip to main content

Can my husband call the USCIS and have them block me when I reenter USA?

Hixson, TN |

I am leaving for Philippines to visit my parents soon. I am facing divorce and my husband is threatening me that he is going to call the USCIS and will report that I am a fraud. We've been married for 6years and I have a 10 yr green card. He was telling me that my motive in marrying him was just for immigration status which is not true. Im not even a US Citizen. He's a controlling bully and mentally, verbally and emotionally abusive. He filed the divorce and he also use his daughter to file a restraining order against me, stating that I am violent and so harmful and that they are both in danger if I stay in our house, and many other accusations. I never had a record of being violent. They have no proof or evidence. What will I do about the restraining order and USCIS?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. He can call them, but they will still admit you into the U.S., he cannot get your status revoked.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

  2. Your husband does not have this power to make ICE block you.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  3. HI hope that you are well. The above two responses are correct. Best of luck to you. Take care.

  4. While your estranged husband may continue to threaten you, your currently valid LPR status and the ability to re-enter the United States under that classification cannot be altered by your husband's accusations alone and by his indications that he will "report that you are a fraud". The original bona fide basis for your marriage was established to the satisfaction of the US Government at the time that you were issued your permanent I-551 "green card". His subsequent threats do not alter that fact. You should seek further professional advice from an experienced family law practitioner as well as from an experienced immigration attorney upon your return to the U.S. if you should happen to receive any further communications from the USCIS regarding your current lawful status.

    Response to this question does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship with the person requesting such information.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics