Can my husband adopt my children if he is a registered sex offender?

Ocala, FL |

His charge was when he was 16, but he still has to register. My childs dad is in prison also

1. This is a "maybe" answer. The Judge will have some questions for him and these questions are just examples and not meant to be exhaustive. How long ago was the charge? What was the specific charge? How old is he? Has he completed the sentence and not been in trouble since then? Is your marriage stable - how long have you been married? Does he have stable employment? With adoptions in particular it is very important to know the Judge. In Duval County (Jacksonville) each Judge has different criteria on this issue. I would suggest that you contact a local experienced adoption attorney to help you with this problem. Best of luck to you.

This information is provided as a public service to provide a general answer and should not be relied upon as legal advice.