Can my husband adjust his status?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

My husband came to the us with a visa and i94 overstayed for 7 yrs then we voluntarily moved back to mx in 2008. In 2010 he crossed the board with his valid visa (the visa expired in oct 2010). He crossed legally about 7 times until stopped by immigration where they investigated his visa and canceled due to the previous overstay. He was not deported and wa told he could apply for another visa. But I want to fix his papers will I be able to?? I am a us citizen we have been married since 2005 and have 3 children. He has never been deported or crossed illegally. He has no criminal history.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should hire an attorney to find out exactly what happened when his visa was cancelled. He might be able to immigrate but will need to apply for waivers. Speak to an experienced immigration attorney soon.

  2. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Possibly. His unlawful presence may likely be an issue. Depending on the facts a waiver may be available. Do consult an experience immigration attorney for assistance.

    Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.... more
  3. Answered . It depends on exactly what his immigration history is.

    You really should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,523 answers this week

3,720 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,523 answers this week

3,720 attorneys answering