Skip to main content

Can my house arrest be transferred to another state?

Vallejo, CA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I am on a year house arrest in Solano county california. i have 7 months left and my lease is up october 4, 2011. i have 5 kids and a husband and newborn, we have to move because the landlord is selling the property. We are moving to Las Vegas, NV. Will i be allowed to transfer to that state and how do i do it? My officer tell me just go to jail and serve 3 months but i have a 2 month old and other kids.

im also Not on probation

Attorney Answers 2


You need to add your case to calendar, and get permission from the judge to modify your terms of probation. You need to ask the judge if it is okay to serve your house arrest in Las Vegas. You should call the probation department in Las Vegas and get more information about what programs are available there. Leaders in Community Alternatives, Inc. might be able to help you too. When you go to court, you need to tell the judge what program you will be doing in Las Vegas if he or she allows you to do so. You should also talk to your probation officer about the move as well.

This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship. This means that I am not your lawyer and I will not appear in court simply by posting on this site. If you would like me to represent you, you must call my office, sign a written fee agreement and pay a legal fee, assuming I do not have a conflict of interest and you are in Southern California. If I respond to your question and you have follow up questions by posting on this site, I may or may not reply. This information should not be construed as legal advice. I am offering my opinion. Each person's case is unique, and that's why you should contact a lawyer over the phone for a consultation for your situation. That's why you should not rely on any response that an attorney posts on this site. I am licensed in California. I am not licensed in another state or country. I do not practice law outside of California.

Mark as helpful

1 comment



Thank you.


I wish you luck, but I would be very surprised if any court will let you do house arrest in another state. Basically, you are doing jail time and you are being allowed the alternative to do your jail time at home, with an ankle bracelet. But, they don't let you do jail time in another state and I'm not that optimistic that they will let you do house arrest in another state. Still, it's worth a try. I wish you the best. Let us know what happens.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics