Can my house arrest be transferred to another state?

Asked about 3 years ago - Vallejo, CA

I am on a year house arrest in Solano county california. i have 7 months left and my lease is up october 4, 2011. i have 5 kids and a husband and newborn, we have to move because the landlord is selling the property. We are moving to Las Vegas, NV. Will i be allowed to transfer to that state and how do i do it? My officer tell me just go to jail and serve 3 months but i have a 2 month old and other kids.

im also Not on probation

1. Joseph Torri

Answered . You need to add your case to calendar, and get permission from the judge to modify your terms of probation. You need to ask the judge if it is okay to serve your house arrest in Las Vegas. You should call the probation department in Las Vegas and get more information about what programs are available there. Leaders in Community Alternatives, Inc. might be able to help you too. http://www.lcaservices.com/ When you go to court, you need to tell the judge what program you will be doing in Las Vegas if he or she allows you to do so. You should also talk to your probation officer about the move as well.

www.JoeTorriLaw.com

2. David Jon Pullman

Answered . I wish you luck, but I would be very surprised if any court will let you do house arrest in another state. Basically, you are doing jail time and you are being allowed the alternative to do your jail time at home, with an ankle bracelet. But, they don't let you do jail time in another state and I'm not that optimistic that they will let you do house arrest in another state. Still, it's worth a try. I wish you the best. Let us know what happens.