Can my health insurance company sue a property owner if I was hurt on their property?

Asked over 1 year ago - Albany, NY

My hobby is metal detecting. I have, with permission, detected on private property. If I were to get hurt and need medical attention will my health insurance company sue the property owners home owners insurance company for the cost of my medical bills? I would like to know the law just in case something were to happen. I would not want my health insurance company to be able to sue a property owner who has given me permission to hunt their land in the event of an unfortunate accident.

1. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

Answered . If you are injured, then you would have a right to sue. If you utilized your health insurance to cover your injuries, then the insurance company would have a right to be reimbursed from your accident settlement for the money they spent. Best to have an attorney assist you and negotiate the best deal possible.