Can my green card renewal be denied when I have a disorderly conduct record.

I was arrested for shoplifting in a grocery store 3 years ago and pled not guilty. the charge was dropped to disorderly conduct and paid a fine of $355.

Dunellen, NJ -

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Highly unlikely.

Eric M. Mark

Eric M. Mark

Immigration Attorney - Newark, NJ

That charge would not prevent renewal, but you have requirements to meet concerning the arrest and conviction. Also, you might be eligie for citizenship rather than renewal. Using an attorney is definitely a smart move.

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Immigration Attorney - San Diego, CA

No, it will not be denied based on the facts you give, but make sure to have an attorney help you with filling the GC renewal.

Yolanda Navarrete

Yolanda Navarrete

Immigration Attorney - Morristown, NJ

With these facts you should have an attorney prepare the application. It is also recommended to wait five years after the conviction and payment of fines to apply for citizenship. Be sure to maintain your record clean from now on. More than one CIMT may challenge or terminate your status.