Can my girlfriend move out with me in WI? her being 17 and pregnant and me 18

Baraboo, WI |
Filed under: Family law

Her mother treats her very badly and she gets Supplemental Security Income (my girlfriend) and her mother uses it on everything but her. we have a daughter who is in foster care and we are trying to get her back and we can't because of her mother. we are wondering what we can do for her to move with me. we have a place to go and we have been together for 2 years

This is way to complicated an issue to deal with here. You need to talk to an attorney close up, and be able to answer your questions face to face.

I would suggest you contact Community Justice, or Legal Action of Wisconsin both are in Madison.
They will likely be more in your price range (assuming you are just starting out).

Sorry to do that to you but there is a lot to determine the risk, it is better to do so face to face.

WALWORTH, ROCK and JEFFERSON County Divorce/Family Law Attorney - Atty Richard Missimer does answer questions on Avvo strictly to be helpful but these do not constitute legal advice. These answers do not establish an attorney/client relationship. If you would like my help and are within my practice area, contact me at (262)565-8200 for a FREE CONSULTATION.

Recommended articles about Family law