Can my girlfriend move out kids out of the state of WI without my permission. No court papers ever filed? We lived together.

Tomah, WI |

My kids and their mom all lived in Wisconsin until My girlfriend recently moved without my permission to Tennessee. We lived together till she moved. No court papers were filed. Paternity was established. She just took off with the kids. I am wondering if there is a law in Wisconsin about moving.

If paternity was established AND you have been granted joint custody/reasonable visitation, then yes, the mother needed your permission before moving the children out of the state.

The mother may be charged with a crime related to her actions and/or you may be able to bring a contempt motion against her.

You need to consult with an experienced family law attorney in your area immediately!

Good luck!

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody