Can my former employer be held responsible for cancellation of my child's Child Health Plus?

Patterson, NY |

Employer failed to terminate family from insurance for over 60 days after I terminated, we did not use the insurance as I was aware it would be backdated to the last day of the month I resigned per employer and insurance company. When I found out 3 months later, I called CHP to let them know what had happened bc Company at the time would not correct term date. Employer has now been forced by health insurance to correct, which they did, but now my child has lost insurance. Employer also sent me an agreement stating they would waive premiums owed from FMLA leave (which I'm paying back), IF I agree to drop claims I may have regarding COBRA, FMLA, and other laws. This was never discussed. Can they be held responsible for messing up my child's coverage?

Don't sign any release unless you know what rights you are giving up. I recommend you take the release to a local avvo lawyer and make sure you know what you are signing. Good luck.

Although Avvo makes it clear to consumers that attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship, some attorneys prefer to add their own disclaimers to answers. You can set your custom disclaimer here and it will be automatically added to your answers.