Can my fiance sponsor me if she met me online and we have never had a physical encounter. i live in the US and she lives in CA.

Brooklyn, NY |

i met my fiance online and we have been speaking for 14 months and now i want to go to canada to marry her and attain residency there how likely is this to be successful or approved by immigration?

You should contact an attorney after you meet with her and know for sure you want to marry her.

well i am sure about marrying her and her parents and my parents are fullly supportive of it, i am 22 and she is 21. she spoke to a immigration lawyer there, and he said she would have to marry me first then i would have to apply for an open-work permit which allows me to stay in the country for 2 years. my concern is the likelihood that immigration deny us in any way due to the fact that we met on a dating website

Generally, no.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

This forum is for questions on US immigration law. You are inquiring about Canadian law. Consult with a Canadian lawyer.

The herein content is for general informational purposes only, and may be predicated on incomplete facts. It should not be relied upon in making legal decisions or assessing your legal rights or risks. Neither does the herein reply create an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration