Can my fiance and I be charged with the same crime?

my fiance and i were sitting in our non running vehicle. a prole&probation officer drove by. they then backed up and got out telling us to get out.Also we were on private [property. after a search of the car they did find some pain pills which i admitted to. can we both be charged with transporting

Redlands, CA -

Jeffrey George Moore

Jeffrey George Moore

Criminal Defense Attorney - Riverside, CA

You CAN be charged with transportation, yes. On the facts given, you probably shouldn't be and probably won't be. Whether or not those charges can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt is a totally different question. Keep in mind that the police report will likely have an alternate version of events.

You should sit down and speak with an attorney about your rights, the facts, and the potential defenses to these charges.

Maltaise E Cini

Maltaise E Cini

Criminal Defense Attorney - Newport Beach, CA

Both you and your boyfriend can be charged with the possession of the pills. More than one person can be charged with possession of the same pills. You and your boyfriend both need to be represented by counsel.

Frank Mascagni III

Frank Mascagni III

Criminal Defense Attorney - Louisville, KY

Yes both occupants in a car with dope CAN be charged. You both need to retain a criminal defense attorney to defend you. There are several issues that need to be discussed with counsel: probable cause for the stop, search of vehicle without a warrant nor consent, transportation vs. simple possession, etc. Get competent counsel to represent you.

Michael Douglas Shafer

Michael Douglas Shafer

Criminal Defense Attorney - Norco, CA

Yes, you could, but you probably won' be charged.