Can my father get a Medicaid or Medicare?

Asked about 1 year ago - Niceville, FL

My dad has GC through me that means I sponsored him...
He worked in some company for only 6 months then he stopped ( he is thinking to open his own business) ... in this 6 months he paid for SS and for Medicare... he is 63 years old
can he have Medicaid or Medicare? and what kind of lawyer should I ask for that ?

thanks

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . No.

2. Fernanda Nunes Hottle

Pro

6

Answered . Medicare is only available through SS retirement or SS disability. Also available to legal permanent residents who are 65 or older and have been LPRs for at least 5 years. Although the facts you provided are limited, your dad does not appear to be eligible yet.

3. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

4

Answered . You may be responsible to reimburse the Government if he uses certain means-tested benefits. Go to www.uscis.gov to understand your obligations.