Can my exhusband sign for our 15 yr pregnant daughter to get married without me? we have joint custody but Im the managing cons

Asked over 3 years ago - Beaumont, TX

the boy is bad for my daughter and I wont sign for her to marry him . Her father on the other hand dont give a crap and will do anything not to have to pay child support.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Michael David Wysocki


    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . Texas Family Code Section 2.102 deals with Parental Consent for an Underage Applicant. The section makes it clear that parental consent is sufficient only when the child is 16 years of age or older but under the age of 18.

    Based on your statement that the child is 15 years of age, parental consent alone is not sufficent in Texas. It would require a cout order granting the child permission to marry.

    It should be noted that, if exhusband attempts to approve the child's marriage, without proper authority, Section 2.102(g) makes it a Class A Misdemeanor. Section 2.102(f) makes it a third degree felony to misrepresent the child's age on a parental consent form.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,802 answers this week

2,841 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,802 answers this week

2,841 attorneys answering