Can my ex-wife take my kids go out of country without my permission,She said she has full custody she can do what ever she want?

Asked 11 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

I'm worry about they're go back to Vietnam , what's can I do to prevent it happening?

1. Richard Forrest Gould-Saltman

3

Answered . Look at your court order/judgment. What does it say about removal of the children from the U.S.? Who's got the children's passports? Have you notified the passport service regarding issuance of new passports for the children? You may wish to speak to an experienced family law attorney NOW, before the trip, so as to get some new orders in place if necessary.

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

Answered . If you do not have appropriate restraining orders, hire an attorney in Los Angeles. Although supposedly for a child to travel outside the US it must be with permission of both parents.

3. Denise Guajardo Khoury

1

Answered . The prevention of a parent (and child) from LEAVING the U.S. is on the airline companies and their respective policies and less about federal law; it's coming IN to the U.S. where the Federal government has stringent procedures. I agree that you should consult with a family attorney, and since you're in LA, it shouldn't be hard to find a good one who handles international aspects of family law. If you were divorced in California (or other state in the United States), review that last order (decree) where your parental rights and duties, parenting time, and any restrictions are described. And don't forget to take that (and any other paperwork from the court, your ex-wife, etc.) to the consultation with the attorney. They will be able to explain your rights, and what options that you have to protect the safety of your children. Best of Luck!