Skip to main content

Can my ex-wife change our child's last name without my consent under WA state laws

Renton, WA |

can my ex-wife change our child's last name, who she has costudy of, without notifying me (the father)?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. No, a good faith effort must first be made to notify the noncustodial parent of the pending court matter to change his or her child's name.

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics