Can my ex wife bill me for the repairs she has done to my home? She never consulted with me nor asked to do this things.

Asked over 1 year ago - Vero Beach, FL

I had allowed my ex to cont. to pay the mortgage & move in to the home(11/2009)she later moved out got married and moved to Miami & wanted to keep the home as a vacation home.She made repairs,put new tile floors,wood floors, new granite counter tops, all new appliances and fixed screened patio & new AC unit.I recently found out that she stopped paying the mortgage as of Aug of Last year and she rented out MY home with out me knowing.She went to a realtor. She rented the home in Jan 2012 & has been collecting the rent till today.I went to have this STOPPED!I spoke to the Realtor comp who is renting out my home and he will have the rent sent to me starting April & sign a new contract. My home went into foreclosure & was able to reinstate my loan $9,000. I am the sole owner due to divorce1999

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

2

1

Answered . You need to engage an attorney as you have several issues that need to be untangled.

2. Preston Hall Oughton

Pro

Answered . You have numerous issuues. Seek advice from a family law attorney.

This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Unless you are already a client of the Law Office of Preston H. Oughton, pursuant to an executed fee agreement, you should not use, interpret, or rely on this response as legal advice or opinion. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice. Preston H. Oughton poughton@oughtonlaw.com (904) 854-6336.