Skip to main content

Can my ex wife bill me for the repairs she has done to my home? She never consulted with me nor asked to do this things.

Vero Beach, FL |

I had allowed my ex to cont. to pay the mortgage & move in to the home(11/2009)she later moved out got married and moved to Miami & wanted to keep the home as a vacation home.She made repairs,put new tile floors,wood floors, new granite counter tops, all new appliances and fixed screened patio & new AC unit.I recently found out that she stopped paying the mortgage as of Aug of Last year and she rented out MY home with out me knowing.She went to a realtor. She rented the home in Jan 2012 & has been collecting the rent till today.I went to have this STOPPED!I spoke to the Realtor comp who is renting out my home and he will have the rent sent to me starting April & sign a new contract. My home went into foreclosure & was able to reinstate my loan $9,000. I am the sole owner due to divorce1999

Attorney Answers 2


You need to engage an attorney as you have several issues that need to be untangled.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

2 lawyers agree




we have and he siad that their is nothing she can do to win. she dose not have a case. we just wanted a second opinion. thank you

Rixon Charles Rafter III

Rixon Charles Rafter III


Best of luck.


You have numerous issuues. Seek advice from a family law attorney.

This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Unless you are already a client of the Law Office of Preston H. Oughton, pursuant to an executed fee agreement, you should not use, interpret, or rely on this response as legal advice or opinion. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice. Preston H. Oughton (904) 854-6336.

Mark as helpful

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics