Can my ex sue me for libel or defamation and win?

Kansas City, MO |

Detailed information about how my husband left me three years ago was posted onto a site called liarscheatersrus.com. The link to the site shows high on google when you search his name. It was written by someone I met only once on my pc. I tried to have it removed once I realized the post had been made, and even tried to have google remove the link but it keeps coming back. It lists his full name as well as the name of the person he left me for.

Libel requires a false statement. Was anything false posted?

My comments are general in nature, are not legal advice as to your specific issue, and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Disregard this solicitation if you have already engaged a lawyer in connection with the legal matter referred to in this solicitation. You may wish to consult your lawyer or another lawyer instead of me. The exact nature of your legal situation will depend on many facts not known to me at this time. You should understand that the advice and information in this solicitation is general and that your own situation may vary. This statement is required by rule of the Supreme Court of Missouri.

Not to the best of my knowledge. He did leave on my birthday to go visit her and there is a picture posted on FB proving he was with her at the time. He admittted to me and a friend (who does not want to be involved) that he had the affair. After I moved out, he did move in with her and is still with her now.

Can he or his girlfriend come after me for anything else?

truth is a complete defense. if your made something up, you could be liable and also the person who posted it (called a republication) .

Truth is a complete defense to defamation, but there is also a claim for public disclosure of private facts.

How does that work?