Can my ex-husband's live-in girlfriend possess a firearm with a Final Restraining Order active and against my ex?

Asked over 1 year ago - Bordentown, NJ

I have a FRO against my ex-husband and I became aware that his live-in girlfriend is a Correctional Officer in the Federal Prison and possesses a firearm. I am initially worried because my 9 year old son has seen the gun so it may not be locked up. Secondly, since she possesses a firearm, what would stop my ex-husband by utilizing it [on me]? What can I do to have her stop bringing the gun home? Who do I contact?

1. Yolanda Navarrete

1

Best Answer

Answered . He is not allowed to own a gun with a FRO.

2. Mark M Cheser

1

1

Answered . Your husband cannot own a gun but the FRO is not against her. i suggest you speak to your attorney and see if that can be included in the Order.

3. Anthony J Van Zwaren

Pro

1

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Cheser, that the FRO only applies to your ex husband, and not to the girlfriend, especially if she is a correctional officer that would require her to have her firearm.