Can my ex husband claim two of our kids on his taxes with my permission?

Asked over 1 year ago - El Paso, TX

We have 4 kids he pays child support but they live with me, I was going to claim two and allow him to claim the other two. Can my ex husband claim two of our kids on his taxes with my permission? And if so do I need to fill out any specific forms?

1. Paula Brown Sinclair

2

Best Answer

Answered . Yes, when both parents agree, any allocation will be honored by the IRS, even if it alters an existing court order or decree, when IRS Form 8332 is signed and submitted by the claiming parent.

Bet wishes for a favorable outcome, and please remember to designate a best answer.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.
  2. Evan A Nielsen

Answered . Yes. So long as the other criteria are met, he can. Youl'll want to also give him the necessary consent ont eh IRS form to do so.