Skip to main content

Can my ex get me for harassment for contacting authorities that he has been stealing?

Colorado Springs, CO |

My ex husband works as a DOD employee and takes items off post. When I contacted the supervisor last year, the supervisor covered it up. He emailed my ex stating I was contacting for personal reasons. The email was submitted as harassment at our parenting time hearing and again at a child support hearing. I have pictures and dates of the stolen items. In addition, in 2004 my ex threatened to burn down Camp Udari overseas and was fired-a threat to National Security and was able to get a DOD job. I want to take it higher than the supervisor because I don't want my children following in his footsteps, but I fear he will try to get me for harassment. One of my children stole money from dad, he took $20 bill, made a counterfeit bill and had a deferred sentence. I don't want kids stealing.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. Yes, it appears that you are trying to get your husband in trouble, and that can be considered harassment. If you want to stop your children's behavior, I suggest you get your children into counseling, and perhaps that you do counseling with them.

    This legal information is provided for general legal purposes and does not establish a client-attorney relationship. Because of the limited information provided in the question, it is difficult to be certain that Counsel is answering the question correctly. You are encouraged to seek further information from an attorney directly so that follow up questions may be asked if necessary.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics