Can my ex get custody of my kids?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Deland, FL

Me and my ex split up and he is trying to take the two kids from me . He has many charges on his record for drug possession and child abuse on his step daughter ( Not my daughter ) and other charges . He has two DUI s and no license . And he also has two other kids with two different other woman . He has no custody of either one of the other kids and does not make an effort to see them or talk to them . The only thing on my record is a seatbelt ticket and a pending battery charge that he had me falsely arrested for . Because of that there was a court ordered no contact , and he said he went to the cops and said I violated it indirectly and has told everyone there is a warrant for my arrest . This was 4 days ago , and there is still no warrant . How long would that take to show up ? Please help !

1. Jimmy Allen Davis

2

Answered . I agree with Mr. Cohen. If you cannot afford an attorney contact legal aid in Daytona Beach. They will assess your financial ability and if you qualify will sit you down with an attorney for around 30 minutes to go over what you need to do.

Best of luck.

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

3

Answered . Hire an attorney, have him go with you to the police station and let the attorney do all the talking, no police officer is so dumb as to not understand this scam.