Can my employer refuse to pay me for hour I worked if I forget to clock in?

Lincoln City, OR |

The management at the hotel I work at said that if we don't clock in on the computer and on the manual clock-in sheet or if one of the step were missed the hours we worked would be missing from our paychecks. Can they do that?

1. An employer must pay for the hours worked. If you forget to clock in, but inform them about it, they must pay your wages. If they do not, you have a wage claim. Often there are penalties that attach to the non-payment of wages. These penalties can be as much as 30 days of wages. (at 8 hours per day). In addition, you can recover attorney fees and costs for suing the employer for the unpaid wages. You should discuss this with an attorney and track all time not paid. Be as specific as possible.

Information is provided to assist the reader in forming questions and allow them to take full advantage of a consultation with the attorney of their choice. Schuck Law, LLC does not provide legal advice to individuals who have not signed a written fee agreement with the firm. The facts, which were not disclosed in the written question may change the advice, if any, that would be rendered by the attorneys at Schuck Law, LLC. For these and other reasons, Schuck Law, LLC is not responsible for any damages caused by the reader's use, mis-use, or interpretation of the information provided herein.