Can my employer refuse to drug test me after accusing me of being "on something" while at work?

Kapaa, HI |

the initial accusation: my employer stated that he knew my uncharacteristic behavior was due to drug use, i was not permitted to discuss or defend. two days later, i was brought into a surprise meeting with my employer and two managers. at the meeting, my employer said he was sure of what he knew to be drug use, no discussion, but i could keep my job if i never used drugs at work again & signed a document for his records. he then left the meeting. the managers presented me with a write up for three infractions: uniform violation, confrontation with other employees & unethical behavior. i did not sign. the next day i requested to be drug tested & was denied, he said the drugs would no longer be detectable but not to worry, that he wouldn't tell anyone i use drugs, he just needed the record

I see no issue here. You were given a written reprimand and a warning not to do drugs on the job. If you wish to contact an employment attorney, you may have better luck-as opposed to posting it in the criminal law section. However, I would be surprised if anything can be done.

This is not intended as individual legal advice and there is no attorney client relationship established by this answer. It is advisable that you seek individualized legal assistance. This is not a substitute for hiring an attorney.

Recommended articles about Personal injury