Can my employer offer race/wage discrimination, fair work ethics, and not properly training me for my job?

Searcy, AR |

My employer has hired several empoyees (at various intervals) to assist me with my demanding work load. Each were paid a different wage, I never told my employer this information was disclosed. It was offered under direst nor solicitation by myself or other parties witnessing the statement(s). The purpose of the statement made by individuals are unkown. However, the statements were made by persons with race/ethnic and gender qualities. These persons were paid more or less than I made (at the time), some worked fewer hours for twice the pay, all had no experience. In addition, I was required to train and supervise each assistant accordingly and without proper training myself. Are any of my issues described bias?

1. These facts do not by themselves establish unlawful bias.

Absent a union contract that provides for a schedule of employee compensation, employers are free to pay what they choose or what the market requires, so long as wages meet the legal minimum established by law. Varying market factors can account for divergences and variations: seasonal, length of assignment, work conditions, availability of other sufficiently skilled workers, etc. If there is enough data to make reliable statistical analyses, variances that align with race, gender, etc may be revealed that way. But a handful of instances with widely varying data is not ordinarily sufficient to establish unlawful bias.

Talk with a local employment attorney for a fuller discussion and analysis.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.