Can my employer give out my address?

Asked about 5 years ago - New York

I may start working for a 01(c)(3) public charity in New York City.

1. Is the employer legally allowed to give out my complete home address or parts of it such as city where I live, including but not limited to by telling people who ask, publishing my address on the employer's website, or mentioning it in publicly available audio files?

If you do not know the answer, where can I find the answer free of charge?

1. Ronald Anthony Sarno

Answered . I do not how to expect to keep your address private from the employer or from the world. Anyone who knows your name can find your location within 5 minutes on a computer. Try looking yourself up on people search and see what comes up. You have a right to privacy; but your home address is not private unless you are in the federal witness program. If you have a restraining order out on someone, you owe it to your employer to inform them so they know who to bar from the office.
    You might find my legal guide on selecting and hiring a lawyer helpful.
    You might find my legal guide on Is it Legal? Is it Illegal? helpful.
    You might find my legal guide on the understanding the different court systems helpful.
    You might find my legal guide on legal terms used in litigation helpful

You might find my legal guide on the court systems in NYC helpful.

You might find my legal guide on Employer/Employee disputes helpful.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Mr. Sarno is licensed to practice law in NJ and NY. His response here is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter in question. Many times the questioner may leave out details which would make the reply unsuitable. Mr. Sarno strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their own state to acquire more information about this issue.