Can my employer force me to work overtime in the state of Florida?

Jacksonville, FL |

My employer is demanding I work overtime at night. I would rather finish my shift and go home. My employer states I must fill the needs of the business.

Employer can set your hours and require overtime. They have to pay you. If you do not like hours your option is to resign.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.

Your employer can require you to work overtime but will need to pay you overtime wages.

Business topics