Can my employer bother me on my day off with a work related topic?

Moreno Valley, CA |

Day Off Rights

1. I am assuming that you are referring to a phone call or simple inquiry, rather than requiring you to come to work or perform an array of work-related tasks. If my assumption is correct, then the answer is that your employer may "bother" you.

Please note that I am a New York attorney and cannot advise you as to the application of your state's laws. For that reason, you may wish to consult with a local attorney.

Good luck to you.

2. Unfortunately, this is probably not actionable.

NOTE: Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship. Attorney will take no action on the matter unless and until respondent signs a written retainer agreement for services. If attorney is not retained, attorney advises to consult with and retain other counsel immediately to avoid complete bar to recovery by not filing proper claims timely. Attorney is solely licensed to practice law in the State of California.