CAN MY DEPORTATION ORDER BE REOPENED?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

In 2007 i got arrested with 2 misdemeanor by 2008 i travel to my country on my way back to the usa immigration pull me over at the JFK they took my greencard and never give it back to me, me and my lawyer tried hard to get i back but we couldnt get it because in 2011 i miss a immigration hearing, the day of the court fell into a hospital with chest pain(i smoke cigarettes) so i couldnt go..weeks later I received a letter telling me I had to go to my country i haven't do nothing about it my wife is a citizen and we have a child i just would like to know if the case can be reopen..can any one help me with this case?

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

Answered . Take your immigration file to an immigration attorney for evaluation.

2. Gintare Grigaite

1

1

Answered . Yes possibly, but more information is needed, such as whether your spouse applied for you and you have an approved immigrant petition, whether anyone has any medical problems, etc. For all of this and to evaluate your case, you should meet an experienced immigration attorney.

3. Nicklaus James Misiti

1

1

Answered . It is possible but you need to take your file to an attorney for their review. My firm handles such cases in NY.
    Regards,
    Nicklaus Misiti
    Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
    212 537 4407

4. Alice Antonovsky

Answered . It is possible to reopen a case, however, a lot more information is needed to answer your question. For example, how did you get the green card in the first place, was it through your spouse? You need to take your immigration file and all of your criminal dispositions to an experienced immigration attorney who, after reviewing your case will be able to tell you your options. Good Luck.