Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

In 2007 i got arrested with 2 misdemeanor by 2008 i travel to my country on my way back to the usa immigration pull me over at the JFK they took my greencard and never give it back to me, me and my lawyer tried hard to get i back but we couldnt get it because in 2011 i miss a immigration hearing, the day of the court fell into a hospital with chest pain(i smoke cigarettes) so i couldnt go..weeks later I received a letter telling me I had to go to my country i haven't do nothing about it my wife is a citizen and we have a child i just would like to know if the case can be reopen..can any one help me with this case?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Alena Shautsova


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Take your immigration file to an immigration attorney for evaluation.

    Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may... more
  2. Gintare Grigaite

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Yes possibly, but more information is needed, such as whether your spouse applied for you and you have an approved immigrant petition, whether anyone has any medical problems, etc. For all of this and to evaluate your case, you should meet an experienced immigration attorney.

    Contact attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Answers on AVVO do... more
  3. Nicklaus James Misiti

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . It is possible but you need to take your file to an attorney for their review. My firm handles such cases in NY.
    Nicklaus Misiti
    Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
    212 537 4407

    Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an... more
  4. Alice Antonovsky

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . It is possible to reopen a case, however, a lot more information is needed to answer your question. For example, how did you get the green card in the first place, was it through your spouse? You need to take your immigration file and all of your criminal dispositions to an experienced immigration attorney who, after reviewing your case will be able to tell you your options. Good Luck.

    The answers offered here are purely informational and do not create an attorney-client relationship. For more... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,616 answers this week

3,333 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,616 answers this week

3,333 attorneys answering