Can my college take out student loans in my name without my permission?

Denver, CO |

My school is taking out high interest student loans (which I have consented to 3 and they have taken out 8) and they are using my grants/scholarships to pay part of the loans and giving me a bill for the loan interest. They kept the high interest rate loans and sent back my federal loans which I had to recall to pay off the interest on the loans they were taking out. They are currently trying to make me pay 673 dollars before I can enroll next term.

No, the school cannot take out loans without your agreement. You need to talk to the school and review everything you have signed to determine what you have actually agreed to.

You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or info@Harkess-Salter.com. Stephen Harkess is an attorney licensed in the state and federal courts of Colorado. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Stephen Harkess or Harkess & Salter LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.