Can my child get social security her father has died and he was getting disability and social security from his mother?

Asked over 3 years ago - Dothan, AL

can my child receive social security if her dad has passed and he was disable and drawing his mother social security?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Sheri R Abrams

    Contributor Level 7

    Answered . Your child cannot receive the money that her father was drawing on his mother's social security (I guess he was disabled before age 22?). If her father had put in to Social Security on his own, from his own work or if he was receiving Social Security Disability on his own work record then she would probably be entitled to some money depending on her age (either survivor benefits or a continuation of her benefit based on her father's Social Security Disability).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,037 answers this week

3,381 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,037 answers this week

3,381 attorneys answering