Can my car get repossessed after the automatic stay expires 30 days after filing?

Clovis, NM |

I read where the automatic stay expires for the debtors property, but all property in the bankruptcy estate is still protected. My question can my car get repossessed after the 30 days.
I'm from New Mexico.
Thank you

Your car IS part of the bankruptcy estate. All property is protected by the automatic stay until 1) the Discharge Notice is issued or 2) a creditor files to have the stay lifted & it is granted by the judge.

Be sure to designate "best answer." If you live in Oregon, you may call me for more detailed advice, 503-650-9662. Please be aware that each answer on this website is based upon the facts, or lack thereof, provided in the question. To be sure you get complete and comprehensive answers, based upon the totality of your situation, contact a local attorney who specializes in the area of law that involves your legal problem. Diane L. Gruber has been practicing law in Oregon for 26 years, specializing in family law, bankruptcy, estate planning and probate. Note: Diane L. Gruber does not represent you until a written fee agreement has been signed by you and Diane L. Gruber, and the fee listed in the agreement has been paid.

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt