Can my car be seized without good reason!

Asked 10 months ago - Auburn, WA

My boyfriend was driving my car, got pulled over for turning on blinker too late, was told his texas license was not valid(and per texas gov website it is) the officer punched a whole in it with his knife..asked to search the car further after looking in it and the trunk already.then he was denied the search by my boyfriend and they seized the car till they obtain a search warrent! Is any of this legal!?

1. Richard H. Wooster

6

Answered . Cannot tell from your question. My advice, get a new boyfriend.

2. Jacob Brian Smith

4

Answered . Although I am not a criminal defense attorney, I'm pretty sure it is perfectly legal.

3. Merry Melinda Fountain

Pro

5

Answered . You should contact a criminal defense attorney in Auburn. Check this web site for a list under Find a Lawyer. This was posted as a personal injury question but it is actual criminal law, and I have edited it.

4. Michael R Crosner

4

1

Answered . Consult a local criminal law attorney - many offer free initial consultations

5. Kevin Don Tarvin

1

Answered . Absolutely your car can be seized without good reason. Your remedy is attempting to get it back. If this is a Washington case and your vehicle was seized with the intent to forfeit, you should have been provided with Notice of Seizure and Intended Forfeiture. At this point, your obligation is to notify the Sheriff or Police Chief of the seizing agency in writing (certified letter recommended) within 45 days of seizure, requesting return of your property.

6. Albert Lee Crosner

2

Answered . I would strongly recommend contacting a local area criminal law attorney for your boyfriend. Many offer free consultations. If you do not know of one, you can use this website for a good referral. This does not sound right.