Can my bro-in-law be my joint sponsor even if he doesn't live with us? Because My husbands income doesn't meet requirements

Newnan, GA |
Filed under: Immigration

My husband income doesn't meet requirements so can my bro on law be my joint sponsor even if he lives in another state and in the navy?

No problem as long as he meets the income requirements.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Is it possible i will still get my legal permanent residency?

But just make sure he is a lawful permanent resident or US citizen and is domiciled in the United States, and over 18.

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see his profile; attorney number: 281-733-2875.

If he meets the requirements, then yes.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.