Can my boyfriends mom get rights to see our son if we don't allow it?

Asked about 1 year ago - Crestview, FL

My boyfriends mother has broken into my home once threatened to kill me ever time I see her! Ive had a restraining order against her that protected myself and our son. I actually went to jail for finally punching her because she just would not stop! Can she really get rights to see my son if neither of us want her to? we are not yet married. I know she can petition for rights but what is the likely hood she will receive rights?

1. William Charles Rosenfelt

6

1

Best Answer

Answered . Unless you are a danger to your child, it is nearly impossible that would happen.

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando/Longwood/Central Florida)

2. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

5

1

Answered . Highly unlikely. As a rule of thumb, minus certain exceptions, grandparents do not have rights in the state of FL to the grandchildren.

3. Michelle Rene Fernandez

2

Answered . The courts have been pretty clear regarding grandparents rights. It is irrelevant that you and the father and not married at this time. Unless you are unfit, the courts see the biological parents as the final say as to who gets to visit their child.

4. Aquesha Delores Daniels

2

Answered . Unlikely. In Florida, generally grandparents do not have rights to grandchildren.

5. Stephen Ross Cohen

3

1

Answered . Very very slim.