Can my boyfriend get in truble if he gets me pregnant at 16?

West Palm Beach, FL |

My boyfriend and i been dating for about 3 years now and we wanted to know if he will get in truble by the law if he gets me pregnant at 16? He's 18 years old.

1. It is legal for an 18 year old and a 16 year old to have sex in Florida, but it is a really really bad idea.

For more information or to set up a free initial consultation contact the Mangrum Law Firm at 407-349-7474 or MangrumLaw@gmail.com. This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship. It is offered for informational purposes only. Please consult with a licensed attorney before making any legal decisions.

2. Do your best not to get pregnant at 16. But it is not against the law in Florida.

3. That depends on what your definition of "trouble" is. He won't get arrested if the sex was consensual. Not sure how your or his folks would feel about a couple of teenagers having a baby. There's all kinds of trouble a pregnant teenage couple can get to.

You must be very careful what information you post on a website like Avvo.com or any other public access website. Anything you say here is not privileged and can be used against you in any court proceeding. For a free consultation contact me at 954-620-8300 or email at Grant@Dnslaw.com .

4. Will he get in trouble by the law? No. Unless you are he is independently wealthy already, will you subject your child to a hard life by having the baby at such a young and immature age, yes.