CAN MY BOSS MAKE ME WORK HERE TILL MY MONEY I OWE IS PAID?

Corpus Christi, TX |

I BOUGHT A TRUCK FROM BOSS I ALL READY PUT IT IN MY NAME I HAVE A CLEAR TITLE I OWE HIM 1750.00 PAY 50 A WEEK ,ON IT I HAVE A BETTER JOB WAITING ON ME HE SAYS I CANT QUIT TILL I PAY BALANCE OWED EVEN IF I HAVE A DIFERRENT JOB I WILL STILL PAY 50 A WEEKCAN HE HOLD ME CAPTIVE HERE

1. No. He cannot force you to stay and work anywhere. Even if you have a contract you can leave employment. However, if you do have a contract in place, he may be able to sue you for breach if you do break the contract and leave the employment. Other than that, just quit, take the new job, and continue paying him.

This is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. This is for education and informational purposes only. It is always recommended that you contact an attorney with any concerns as each individual case is unique.