Can my boss deduct money from my pay check for ANYTHING he feels I am responsable for?

Las Vegas, NV |
Filed under: Employee rights

He took money because a man claimed money (a pay-out from a poker machine) that wasnt his. I didn't know it wasn't until a lady asked for it when it was her turn at my register. I then realized what happened and gave the lady her money.
The next time he took money was because the bank charged him for some counterfit money HE sent in to the bank.
And now I'm affraid he's going to deduct money from my check because I got scammed by a person that called saying he was from our corperate office and was trying to fix a glitch on our computer.

Are you a member of a union? Do you work at a casino, or an establishment with gaming like a tavern?

Clark County, Nevada practitioner.

I work at 7-11, we have poker machines and pre-paid gift cards.

There would have to be some determination that you ae responsible for repayment and then put you on notice so that you dispute any withdrawals from you paycheck.

The information presented here is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The Goodman Law Group, P.C. recommends that you consult an attorney with experience in your specific legal issue. Please contact us to schedule a confidential discussion of your situation. Such communication does not create an attorney-client relationship of any kind until a formal engagement agreement is signed by both you and the Goodman Law Group, P.C.

Recommended articles about Employment