Can my bank freeze my checking account AND the checking accounts of my family (sister, father , brother) without giving us

Asked over 1 year ago - Overland Park, KS

any reason whatsoever and referring me to a person in Texas who tells me the money in our accounts was Fed Exed to us a couple weeks ago, yet we have never received it...then tells us again that there was a "mistake" made in sending it and we should receive by last Wednesday....it is Saturday and no money received?

1. Lucas James Nodine Esq

Answered . This is not an answer as there are some other very necessary facts not supplied. However, as a starting point, when you opened your checking account, you should have received some paperwork including disclosures. Those disclosures should be a good starting point.

If that does not work, try calling their customer service department and if it is a mega-bank, try asking for the supervisor. Ask for the fedex tracking information. If you are still unsatisfied and still have not received your money, then you should consider seeking local legal counsel that is familiar with demand deposit accounts and banking regulations.