Can my bank account be seized or frozen by Creditor B while my wages are also being garnished by an Creditor A?

Rochester, NY |

Creditor A is a credit card company garnisheiring my wages. Creditor B is an attorney credit collection agency which froze my bank account several years ago.

Yes, multiple creditors can attempt to collect against you at the same time in differing manners.

If you find this answer useful, please mark it as "Helpful". Likewise, if you believe it is the most responsive, please mark it as the "Best Answer". The information provided herein is for informational purposes only, and should not be relied upon or construed as legal advice or legal opinion. You should not rely upon the information provided at this site without seeking individual advice from an attorney. No attorney-client relationship can be assumed or created by this post.

Yes.

I do NOT know you. I am NOT your lawyer. This answer is provided for the general public who may have similar queries. The answer provided is NOT definitive. I do NOT know all of the facts of your case and NO attorney-client relationship is established. Please do not use my answer to tell your lawyer what to do. Free advise is worth exactly what you are paying. Trust the lawyer who is charging you for his/her time and expertise. If you can no longer trust your lawyer, then hire someone else. I am always interested in new clients and business opportunities and would welcome your call or email to discuss matters further. For more information, please feel free to visit my website or schedule an appointment.

Yes, while one only credit may receive 10% of your wages at a time, any creditor may also freeze your bank account.

If you have this type of problem, why not talk to a bk attorney? A Chapter 11 or 13 can put you in the drivers seat and you may even say money in the long run.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here. Please visit my web site: www.avanesianlaw.com for more information about my services.

Yes.